FIRST TIME IN MALTA!!!
Malta is to welcome some of the world’s most famous ballet stars representing the leading Russian theatres:
Prima ballerina Anna Antonicheva and leading soloist Andrey Merkuriev (The Bolshoi Theatre-Moscow) , leading soloists Elizaveta Cheprasova and Sergey Manuilov (Stanislavsky Music Theatre of Opera and Ballet – Moscow), leading soloist Elena Evseeva amd principal dancer Evgeny Ivanchenko (Mariinsky Theatre – St.Petersburg), leading soloists Sabina Yapparova and Andrey Kasjanenko (Mikhailovsky Theatre – St.Petersburg).
Although ballet did not originate in Russia, the country contributed much to its development and today Russian ballet is renowned the world over. Russian ballet for many decades has been regarded as the barometer of classical dance: where it leads, others follow. While young girls all over the world long to become ballerinas, their dreams have been influenced by great Russian ballet dancers and wonderful Russian ballets that have enchanted audiences all over the world.
The most famous classical pieces from the world of ballet as well as contemporary ballet will be performed for the Maltese public and guests visiting Malta at that time of the year. The program will include:
• Pas d’esclave from ballet «Le Corsaire», choreography by M. Petipa, music by A. Adam
• Pas de deux from ballet «Sleeping beauty», choreography by M. Petipa, music by P. Tchaikovsky,
• Fragment from ballet «Anyuta», choreography by V.Vasiliev, music by V.Gavrilin
• Fragment from ballet “Multiplicity. Forms of Silence and Emptiness” , choreography by Nacho Duato, music by I.S. Bach,
• Pas de deux «Diane and Acteon» from ballet “Esmeralda”, choreography by А. Vaganova, music by C. Pugni
• Adagio from ballet “Spartacus”, choreography by G. Kovtun, music by A. Khachaturyan
• Pas de deux from ballet «Don Qixotte», choreography by M. Petipa, music by L. Minkus
• Pas de deux from ballet «Le Corsaire», choreography by M. Petipa, music by A. Adam
• Pas de deux from ballet «Giselle», choreography by M.Petipa , music by A.Adam
• Pas de deux from ballet «Talisman», choreography by M.Petipa, music by R. Drigo
• Pas de deux from ballet «Flames of Paris», choreography by V.Vainonen, music by B.Asafiev